1. Android Mobile Security Threats
- Spy apps can be installed on your device without your knowledge by someone or through a malicious app installed by you.
- Spy apps gather information such as Call history, messages, browsing history, location, and more and upload them to a remote server from where a hacker can access your data. Below is one such instance:
- Malicious apps can be used to steal your contacts, photos and other sensitive personal information. Read how loan apps steal data to harass their victims
- Read how a combination of social engineering and malicious apps can be used to steal your hard-earned money.
Stolen phones can be used to steal personal information if adequate security measures such as screen lock, encryption etc. are not in place
2. Recommended Security Apps
Install the InfoSecyour Mobile Security App to protect your Mobile phone from 5 security risks.
- Manage permissions for risky apps using our proprietary algorithm
- Detect Unauthorized apps installed from third-party app stores
- Root checker
- Performs Hygiene checks such as screen locks, encryption, missing updates etc.
Compare and choose your free android antivirus product from the list below.
Most of the android virus products offer free malware protection and some even offer free anti-theft feature.
We found Avira to be the best as it offers additional features such as free VPN
We recommend AVG free antivirus if you are looking for a purely antivirus product.
We have ruled out Macafee as we found it slow on our test devices.
This app will help you remotely find, lock, or erase it if you lose your mobile phone.
1. Go to Google find my device app on playstore and download the app
2. Add a Google account to your phone
3. Turn on location tracking from the settings
4. Turn on Find My device
5. Check if your device is visible on Google Play
Family Link is a free parental control app from Google to monitor and control your child’s android device.
3. Tips to Secure Your Mobile Phone
If you have not installed any of the apps above, you can follow these steps to manually secure your mobile phone.
If you have installed Google Find my Device app, you can sign in to your google account to track, lock and erase your phone remotely.
Your android phone consists of your personal information, it is important to remove your data before selling it off.